Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mission Accomplished

I may not be able to get out of bed tomorrow, but it was a good day all the same. Last night John spent some time taking out the landscape timbers just outside the fence that surrounds the pool. Today, I spent hours moving dirt. The picture below shows how much I got done. The rock retaining wall will go up to the point that I dug to and then split to become two levels. We will round the edge that is jutting out. The plan is to make a flower bed on the lower tier with the upper tier as a backdrop for the flowers. The wrought iron fence will be where the back string is at. We have lots of work to do, but I am sure it will be worth it.While I enjoyed my afternoon shoveling dirt into the wheelbarrow, John spent some time sanding the pool slide. We are hoping to have it complete and back in place within two weeks. John's friend Derrick is planning to come help paint it next weekend. Derrick's family owns a body shop and he has experience painting. That should come in handy for our fiberglass slide. I know the kids (John included) will be very happy once it is operational.Of course, we had to burn all the landscape timbers. It just isn't Saturday without fire.John took some time to mow the front yard late this afternoon. He couldn't resist heading to the back to stir the embers.
Swimming made an appearance as well. John and I took a break from all our pursuits and joined the kids for some relaxing fun. The kids bought goggles while we were out and about this morning. In case you can't tell, they really enjoy playing in the pool.
After the kind people at Domino's delivered dinner we headed outside to make some S'mores. It was a great way to end the day. Now the kids are getting ready for bed and I am about to hit the shower. I think we did a pretty good job of keeping the work in check and finding time to play. Tomorrow shouldn't be too busy. John has a church council meeting that will take up quite a bit of his afternoon. The kids and I may just have to play all day. I can handle that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very busy day. Just wanted to let you know you were missed at the Big Deal. There was a much smaller crowd this year as several were unable to attend.
Love, Mom