Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Learning to enjoy

My sweet husband planned a little get away for this weekend. All is set for us to enjoy two nights in New Orleans. Our friend Jenny will be staying with our dog, oh and the kids. She is an awesome friend. I am trying to prepare. I planned to take the day off work Friday, but as the week progressed it just became more obvious that I have too much on my plate to take a day off. I asked my boss today if I could escape after our 11:00 meeting on Friday. He was okay with it, so hopefully I won't get sidetracked before I can get out of the building. I hope it is a short meeting this week. You never know. Sometimes it goes for half an hour, and other times it's more like 2 hours. John wants to be on the road by noon. I am shooting for 1. We'll see how it goes. I know we need to take more time to get away together, but it is hard for me to do. I feel like I am abandoning my responsibilities. I always worry too much about how things will go at home. I worry about how my kids are behaving. We have lived in Mississippi for two years and we have only left our kids overnight twice. That seems really bad when you write it out. Two times in two years. Wow, my kids are probably needing a break from me. This weekend they will finally get that break. I am sure they are going to have a blast. Aunt Jenny is a lot of fun. They'll probably get by with all kinds of boy stuff. I know, it's good for them, it's good for John and I, so I need to just get over my worry and have fun. Easier said than done.

No comments: