Friday, February 12, 2010

Learning to play

I must admit, I am not good at just playing. That being said, I was excited about having a day at home today. I was plotting all the things I intended to accomplish. Lots of laundry and ironing, cleaning out closets, mopping floors, sorting through paperwork, filling out Joshua's birthday invites. The list goes on and on.
As the morning progressed, I started all my fun. Around 7 I sent John a picture of the water seeping out from under my washing machine. I told him I would be needing to purchase a front load washing machine this weekend. He didn't go for it. He seems to think that the washer is leaking because of a loose connection. He said he would fix it this weekend. I am still using it. It is only leaking in the front, and it is still washing fine. I only have three load left and then I will be good for a few days. On to the ironing. When I plugged the iron in this morning, it would start to heat up and then it would just start spitting out water and making a mess. It wouldn't stay hot. I decided to take it apart and see if I could figure out the problem. I learned that it is made of really cheap plastic, so it is now in the trash.


As the morning went on I started to think about a sermon I heard this week. The man spoke about God's Will for our lives. He talked about God speaking to us through providential circumstances. I decided God was telling me to go play. He gave me a gift today. I get to spend a day at home with my kids. I get to see their joy as they play in the snow. I get to just slow down and enjoy my blessings. I had no intention of going outside to play, I had too much to do. I am so thankful that God slowed me down and changed my focus. Life is good, ironing can wait.

No comments: