Friday, April 3, 2009

Slowly, but Surely

We are getting there. Joshua and I went to baseball practice and when we got home John had made significant progress. As you can see all the tile for the front room is cut. I don't know if he is going to glue it all down tonight or wait for morning. Either way, we should have tile down before the weekend is up. It may seem a bit odd that redoing the bathroom resulted in new tile in the front room, but that is how we roll. Tomorrow we have to go get baseboards and a toilet. I think we may be entering the home stretch. We still have to paint the bathroom before we can do much else in there. Once the painting is done it is just a matter of little things. Hanging the new light, putting up the mirror, installing the towel racks, setting the toilet. You know, easy stuff. We also have to paint all the woodwork in the front room. As you can see, we started with the mantel. I think I will like all white trim, but I am not looking forward to painting the shelving surrounding the fireplace. It may not happen this week. I am going to be off work the week after Easter, so it may have to wait until then.
In other news, the pool is all cleared up and the liner is back where is should be. I have to say that Super Floc is pretty amazing stuff. The day after we put it in the pool all the gunk had settled on the bottom and the water was clear. We were able to pretty easily vacuum everything up. I was impressed. The guy at the pool shop was irritating John when he went to buy the Super Floc. He asked if John was sure that he needed it and if he had tried shocking the pool. John told him that he had pumped the water from behind the liner into the pool and he was pretty sure we needed the Super Floc. The guy at the shop just started saying, "Man, I can't believe you did that. Why would you do that?" You gotta love people with all the answers.

No comments: