Monday, August 3, 2009

The battle rages on

Several weeks ago we began the process of leveling the yard around the pool so we can plant grass seed. As previously reported, I was diligently working away removing the above stump when the yellow jackets living under it decided to feast on my legs. John did the brave hero thing and killed off all the nasty critters, but the stump remains. I will claim excessive rain as my reason for not continuing the work. Today John has taken on the nemesis know as the stump. He has been at it for quite some time now. When I went out to check on him he said he was almost to the point of setting it on fire, but he was going to keep trying to remove it with the axe. We have plans for the place where the stump currently resides. Since it is going to leave a fairly large hole once it is removed we plan to make it the reservoir for our water feature. By early next summer I should be sitting by the pool enjoying the soothing sounds of a trickling waterfall as I marvel at the beautiful flower beds and thick lawn. Until then I just have to use my imagination.

No comments: