Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Eiei oops

That was the name of the third graders musical this morning. Joshua is in the center in the blue shirt and gray hat.

Isn't he cute walking in. You can tell he is trying hard to do just what he is supposed to.

Joshua made a very handsome Farmer in the Dell. It was so fun to see the smile on his face when he saw John and I there. He remembered all his lines and did a great job. The singing and dancing were really cute. John got it all on video, so we can enjoy it again and again.

In other excitement today, I learned that Joshua has poison ivy on his stomach and both arms. This morning while I was combing his hair he said, "Mom I need to tell you something that has been bothering me." Then he pulls up his shirt and says, this is distracting me because it itches. I asked why he hadn't told me sooner and he said he didn't think it was a big deal, but now it was causing him to be distracted because it itched so bad. We put ointment on it and sent him on his way to school. I don't think it is still contagious at this point. I am sure he probably got it on our hike on Saturday. I wasn't feeling like the best mom this morning. Before I sent him to school, I told him that he should probably keep his poison ivy a secret. When he got home he told me that he told his teacher, but she said she would keep his secret. He has a great teacher.

Tonight at church the kids will start practicing for the Christmas play. It will be on December 14, and it is called "The First Leon". John asked me the other day if I had noticed the name of the play. I hadn't so he told me what it was. I didn't get it. He explained that Leon is Noel spelled backwards. Sometimes the obvious is lost on me.

No comments: