Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hippies and Pears

It is homecoming week in Florence and so that means the kids at Joshua's school have a different dress up theme for each day to show their team spirit. Today was hippie day. I am so not good at these sorts of things, but luckily his daddy knows stuff. John put electrical tape all over one of his shirts and bleached it. Now he has a tie dye shirt. Tomorrow is eighties day. I can't wait to see what John has planned for that.
After homework, the boys went out to play. We had a bag of pears that we had gathered at a friends house about two weeks ago. They are starting to spoil, so I told the boys to go pour them out so the deer could eat them. Of course, they invented a game that involved throwing pears. I didn't get all the details, but they seemed to be having fun.

All in all, it is turning out to be a beautiful week. It rained quite a bit yesterday and into the night last night. Today was overcast at times, but since it was just under 70 degrees around 3:00 it was a pretty great day. I came home and opened the windows. I love this time of year.

No comments: