Friday, January 16, 2009

Crossing Things Off

We are officially homesteaded. Today, I left work just after eleven. I love it when things are going well and I can escape early on Friday. I called John and he met me at the Tax Assessor's office. We have until the end of April to file our exemption, but I really like to cross things off my to do list. It is one of my simple pleasures.
Now on to the weekend. The kids are out of school Monday and I don't have to work. I am really looking forward to the long weekend. Jacob's birthday is Monday so we are going to The Park on the River tomorrow. It has miniature golf, go carts, arcade games, and laser tag. He got to choose between there and Gatti Town, which is like Chuck E Cheese only nicer. He also gets to pick what kind of cake he wants and our dinner menu for Monday. He has chosen a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and vanilla ice cream. For dinner he opted for Shells and Cheese and Salad because those are his favorite foods. I will probably throw in some smoked sausage just to make it interesting.
Somewhere in the midst of all the birthday fun, we are hoping to get a little work done on the hall. I had some down time today so I went by Home Depot to look at door knobs. This project is getting more expensive. We are planning to paint all seven of the doors in the hall. We decided that would be more frugal than replacing all the doors. However, we are going to splurge a little and replace all the hardware. That means we need fourteen hinges and seven door knobs. I had forgotten how expensive door knobs can be. Hopefully, we can work them into next months budget. We have already spent our January home improvement allotment. The joys of owning a fixer upper.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Those little things can really add up, huh? It's nice, though, to be able to make a space your own!

Kristina said...

It is fun to make it our own. This is the fourth house we have owned and the first one we plan to be in long term. We are putting a lot more into our improvements this time around. It is amazing how your perspective changes when you plan on having to look at it for many years to come.