Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Already

This past weekend went by way to fast. I can't believe it is already Monday. My kids will be going to bed early tonight. Joshua was about to fall asleep sitting at the table doing his homework this afternoon. Luckily we don't have any evening activities this week. Next Tuesday the boys will have their first cub scout meeting, but until then our calendar is free. I am looking forward to a week of going to bed early. We will see how that plays out.

I got all the laundry from the last two weeks ironed, but now it is time to start over again. I do lead an exciting, fun filled life.

John got all his projects done this weekend. The pool is vacuumed, back flushed, and shocked. The lawn is mown. All the lights that needed replaced are up and working. The mirror in the entry has been hung. He is a pretty handy guy to have around. I am sure he did lots of other odd jobs this weekend, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind.

I have mentioned before that our new house is about 30 years old. The family room, breezeway, and garage were added on sometime within the last 20 years. The house has some quirks and we are constantly surprised by things. This weekend when John replaced one of the flood lights outside, he flipped the switch that he thought controlled it and nothing happened. I said "Do you think it could be controlled by the switch in our bedroom that doesn't control anything in our room?" He said that wouldn't make sense, but I tried it. Guess what? The flood light on the back corner of the house is controlled by the switch in our bedroom. Who knows why it was done that way. I don't know if we are going to change it or not. John said the wiring is in the really low part of the attic, so he isn't sure he wants to mess with it. The door to the left of the light does open into the master bathroom, so I guess it isn't completely incomprehensible that the switch would be in our room.

This is one of three lights that John replaced around the garage and breezeway. He actually put them up several weeks ago, but I just haven't posted a picture of them yet. They make the driveway look more inviting at night. Otherwise, it is really dark pulling up to the house after dark.

No comments: