Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mississippi Weather

I received a call around 5:30 to let me know they cancelled the cub scout meeting tonight. There is a pretty severe storm making its way into central Mississippi. They have mentioned several cancellations on the news. They don't mess around with thunderstorms in Mississippi. So far we haven't seen a thing, but it looks like it is getting bad north of here. Guess where my husband is? At church which is about 20 miles north of here. He had a council meeting tonight that started at six. It will probably last at least a couple of hours. Hopefully, the worst of the weather will be over before he starts home.

As much as I don't like thunderstorms, I have enjoyed not having to get out tonight. The kids and I had dinner, and they are in the process of getting ready for bed. It is nice to not be rushing around. Tomorrow will be their final Wednesday night play rehearsal. We have a dress rehearsal Saturday morning and the play will be Sunday night. I can hardly wait to see it.
I finally bought Christmas cards last night. Tonight I went through my card list and realized I need another box of cards. We are planning to get a picture sometime between now and Monday. Maybe the kids and dog will be more cooperative this year. It only took us about five tries to get the above picture last year. We will try to add the cat to the picture, but no promises. Wish me luck.

No comments: