Monday, November 3, 2008

Flat Stanley Returns

Jacob came in from school today and said he had some good news. His Flat Stanley was returned to school and it had more stuff than anyone else's. Thank you Mikki. I didn't realize what all was involved when he sent the Flat Stanley to his cousin Maci. Several weeks ago I got a letter home requesting the address of a family member from a different state. They were going to send their Flat Stanley's on adventures. Jacob wanted to send his to Maci. I sent the address and postage to school and didn't think much else about it. Mikki called last Thursday to say that she was mailing Flat Stanley a little late. I really didn't know anything about it. When Jacob came in today he was really excited. He said his Flat Stanley had the longest story and more pictures than the others. So again, thank you Mikki and Maci.

On another note, the boys wore their new Lego star wars shirts to school today. I am not a fan of shirts with things written on them. I miss the days when they just wore what I picked out. Joshua came home today with his shirt on backwards. I asked him when he turned it around and why. He said he did it at recess because he wanted to see the tag. I asked why he didn't turn it back around and he said he just forgot. So basically, he wore his shirt backwards from just before lunch until he got home from school. I have to admit he leaves me perplexed on a regular basis.

I guess that is all that is happening with us. I have to be at the surgery center at about 9:45 in the morning. John said it was a shame that I couldn't have anything to eat or drink. He said that it would be nice if we could go to the Waffle House since we have a whole morning without the kids. Yes, the romance is alive and well.

1 comment:

Gator said...

I hope all goes well with your surgery...our thoughts and prayers are with you today! Love you, Terri