Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday recap

Today was a typical Saturday. John spent the morning replacing the spark plugs on the truck while I read the paper and enjoyed my coffee. Before he started working on the truck he made us all pancakes for breakfast. I know I am very spoiled.
Anyway, we had a full day today. We left the house a little after eleven and went to a small car show at McLauren Attendance Center. It is actually the McLauren High School. I have no idea why it has such an odd name. It sounds like some kind of alternative school or something. Anyway, we left there and headed to a larger car show at Crossroads Church in Byram. Luckily I ran into my friend Jill, so I just visited with her while John explored. We also ran into our friends Buddy and Eloise. There was a large play area set up for kids where you could leave them while you looked around the car show. The kids had a blast playing on the inflatable bounce houses and such. John got to see lots of cool cars, and I got to spend some time with a friend. It was a pretty great afternoon. When we left there we went to the pet store to get food for Oscar. He is a bit high maintenance and has to have special bulldog specific food. After the pet store, we spent some time wondering aimlessly around Home Depot and Lowes before hitting the mall in Ridgeland. The boys both needed new shoes and a few long sleeved shirts. Once the shopping was done we had a late lunch/early dinner and came on home.
John is outside working on the truck again. He is replacing the distributor cap and plug wires. I think I got that right. I offered to help, but he said he didn't need any help. I am not the most mechanically inclined, so I think it is probably best that I just stay out of the way.

Hopefully we can just spend some time at home tomorrow after church. I am scheduled to keep the nursery at church tomorrow, so I will probably need to come home and rest afterwards. I'm not used to being around little ones anymore. They wear me out. I need to go grocery shopping at some point. We have eaten out everyday this past week. That is not good. I intended to go to the store everyday, but I worked a little more than usual, and we had something going on every evening. This next week should be better. I will be off work Tuesday and Wednesday, so I am hoping to get some things done around the house. John will be home on Tuesday, but he is planning to work on Wednesday. Okay, so I may not get much accomplished Tuesday, but I am hoping I feel up to doing something on Wednesday. I am betting I will have a migraine by about ten Tuesday morning. I am scheduled for a minor surgery that morning and I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight. I am fine with not eating, but not having coffee is going to be a challenge. I told John we should probably plan on stopping for coffee on the way home. John and I both went and cast an absentee ballot so that we wouldn't have to try to vote on Tuesday. My doctor suggested it. He said I would probably still be a bit out of it on the way home. I am sure it will all go well, but I am a bit nervous.

No comments: