Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Let the Thanks begin

Fall is slowly transitioning to winter. The reds and yellows are turning to brown. Can you believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving? It was weird to leave work today knowing I don't have to be back there until Tuesday. I went by the ATM on the way home so I could pay the babysitter. I am thankful I don't have to do that every week.
I need go to the grocery store tonight. I am sure it will be chaotic. Nothing says Thanksgiving like standing in line at Kroger with all the other procrastinators. John plans to start the fire in the smoker tonight. He will put the hams on about 2 a.m. so they will be ready for lunch tomorrow. I have to make cheesy potatoes, a lime jello salad, and a sopapilla cheesecake. I am one of those odd individuals that loves jello salad. I only get to have it on holidays or at pot lucks. I can hardly wait, and not just for the jello salad. I am really looking forward to a day with some great friends.
Once the festivities end tomorrow, the Christmas season begins. John is planning to work on Friday, but the kids and I will have a fun day at home. I hope to get the house really clean, so we can spend Saturday decorating for Christmas. There is something exciting about decorating a new house, or in our case a house that is really old but new to us. We need to get our picture done for the Christmas cards. That is always fun getting the kids to smile and the dog to look at the camera. I guess we will have to add the cat to the picture this year. What fun.
That is all the rambling I have for now. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: