Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lazy Saturdays

Saturdays with nothing planned are awesome. Today I was up before seven, so I had time to enjoy my coffee and read the paper before anyone else got up. Jacob was up next. He always gets up so happy when he wakes up on his own. During the week, when we make him get up for school it is a different story. Isn't he cute in his PJ's and socks. I woke John up around eight. I don't think he was ready to get up, but Jacob and I were ready for breakfast. We have a Saturday tradition. Daddy makes pancakes. I had to wake him up so as not to deprive him of his Saturday morning ritual. Joshua was the last one up. That is actually pretty typical.
After breakfast, I cleaned the kitchen and then proceeded to mess it up again. I had to brown some round steak to get it in the crock pot so we could have Swiss steak for dinner tonight. We haven't eaten yet, but it smells good. Once that was done, I cleaned the kitchen once again.
We decided to go shopping on our day with nothing to do. First stop, the Magnolia Flea Market located on Hwy 49 south of Florence. We have driven by it a time or two, but have never ventured in. Jacob just kept saying, "Wow. They have lots of nice things." It was too funny. They did have a lot of stuff. We didn't find anything we couldn't live without, but it was fun to look around. We saw lots of things that we thought others would like. There was lots of blue glass, and I saw a couple of pieces of my grandmother's China. We will probably go again.
Next we traveled to Flowood to the Stein Mart. John was looking for a sport coat. He found one he liked for a good price. I had a 20% off coupon so we decided to get it. When we got to the register it much less than we thought. With tax and all it came out to under $50. I was pretty excited. I told John he should get a second one. He said they didn't have the other one he liked in his size. No problem, we headed down the road to the Stein Mart in Jackson. They had the other jacket and I had another coupon. I like shopping days where we find what we are looking for at a great price. When we got home the kids went outside to plant a piece of fruit they pulled off a tree at the El Charro where we had lunch. We have no idea what kind of tree it is.
All in all a pretty good Saturday. Hopefully, the wind will remain calm and we can burn the pile of brush behind the house tomorrow. John and I walked around the edges of our property this afternoon. Luckily, this tree is just over the fence. Our neighbor will have to deal with it. While we were walking we kept hearing gun shots really close. At one point we could see an orange vest through the trees. I am thinking we probably shouldn't walk so close to the fence line during deer season. Our neighbor told us before that he hunts back behind our house. I think he said he owns about 30 acres behind us. I don't think he is a very good shot, because we heard at least ten shots over the course of about an hour.
I don't guess there is much else happening with us. The kids are out of school for the Thanksgiving break. We have a babysitter coming to the house Monday through Wednesday. The kids are really excited about that. Thursday we are going to June and Larry's for Thanksgiving. At the moment next weekend is plan free. I will probably forgo shopping on Friday. I really don't like crowds. I should be off work the Monday after Thanksgiving, so I may try to go shopping while the kids are at school. Who knows, I can't plan that far ahead.

No comments: